Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Havana Twists/Marley Twists

  1. #1
    Aundrea's Avatar Extreme Stylist
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Transition Length
    8 months
    Became Natural
    January 29, 2013
    Hair Type
    4b (Maybe)
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,258

    Havana Twists/Marley Twists

    Soo ladies, I will be installing Marley Twists in my hair within the next week or so for my vacation in Florida!! I'm super excited about this and the fact that I will be doing them myself I truly can not wait!! I will make sure to keep you guys posted!!

  2. #2
    neceyluv's Avatar Magnificent Stylist
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Transition Length
    One year
    Became Natural
    January 2013
    Hair Type
    I dunno...4B and 4B?
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    15,494
    Hey Drea! That's cool! Deets, deets! How much hair did you buy, how long will they be, how long are you gonna keep them in?

  3. #3
    Senecea's Avatar Ultimate Stylist
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Transition Length
    13 months
    Became Natural
    April 19,2013
    Hair Type
    4A Fine & extra coily
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    5,916
    I cannot wait to see your results! I hope that you will have a really great time in Florida!

  4. #4
    TracyDB's Avatar Extreme Stylist
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Transition Length
    8 months
    Became Natural
    9/21/2013
    Hair Type
    Type 4-My head is a mix
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,232
    You've got skillz(with a z)! Please, post a picture.

  5. #5
    Aundrea's Avatar Extreme Stylist
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Transition Length
    8 months
    Became Natural
    January 29, 2013
    Hair Type
    4b (Maybe)
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by neceyluv View Post
    Hey Drea! That's cool! Deets, deets! How much hair did you buy, how long will they be, how long are you gonna keep them in?
    I just got back from getting 3 packs of the Marley Braid Hair, I have about two more packs laying around here somewhere lol but I don't want them too long maybe a lil bit past shoulder length..And really I was just thinking of keeping them in for vacation...we'll see how long they last after that..I'm not one to keep braids or twists in long I start to miss my hair too much but we shall see...If I can get at least 4 weeks out of them that would be great!

  6. #6
    Aundrea's Avatar Extreme Stylist
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Transition Length
    8 months
    Became Natural
    January 29, 2013
    Hair Type
    4b (Maybe)
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Senecea View Post
    I cannot wait to see your results! I hope that you will have a really great time in Florida!
    Thanks Senecea!! Also I have a question for you. Do you know what I could possibly rinse the Marley Hair in to prepare it before my installation. I recall my last time using Marley Braid hair that my hair was a lil sensitive to the hair..I'm thinking I've heard of an ACV rinse being good..not too sure though.

    Quote Originally Posted by TracyDB View Post
    You've got skillz(with a z)! Please, post a picture.
    Tracy, this will be my first time so I'm hoping they come out well!! But I will definitely post a pic!

  7. #7
    Aundrea's Avatar Extreme Stylist
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Transition Length
    8 months
    Became Natural
    January 29, 2013
    Hair Type
    4b (Maybe)
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,258
    I've actually just researched it and an ACV rinse should help!! So I will be soaking the Marley Braid hair in ACV prior to installation!!

  8. #8
    neceyluv's Avatar Magnificent Stylist
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Transition Length
    One year
    Became Natural
    January 2013
    Hair Type
    I dunno...4B and 4B?
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    15,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Aundrea View Post
    I just got back from getting 3 packs of the Marley Braid Hair, I have about two more packs laying around here somewhere lol but I don't want them too long maybe a lil bit past shoulder length..And really I was just thinking of keeping them in for vacation...we'll see how long they last after that..I'm not one to keep braids or twists in long I start to miss my hair too much but we shall see...If I can get at least 4 weeks out of them that would be great!
    I can't wait for the pictures! I know you'll do a good job.....plus you'll be missing your hair after the first week anyway LOL

  9. #9
    Aundrea's Avatar Extreme Stylist
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Transition Length
    8 months
    Became Natural
    January 29, 2013
    Hair Type
    4b (Maybe)
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by neceyluv View Post
    I can't wait for the pictures! I know you'll do a good job.....plus you'll be missing your hair after the first week anyway LOL
    lol exactly I really will be missing my hair, but I'm thinking this ACV pretreatment rinse will help me wear them longer. idk we shall see! I can't wait to get my work schedule to figure out what day I'll have off next week to start on them!!

  10. #10
    Ro's Avatar Ultimate Stylist
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Transition Length
    Not sure. Impulsive decision.
    Became Natural
    July 5, 2012
    Hair Type
    Spiral curls-4a?
    Location
    Panama city,Panama
    Posts
    5,908
    Quote Originally Posted by neceyluv View Post
    Hey Drea! That's cool! Deets, deets! How much hair did you buy, how long will they be, how long are you gonna keep them in?
    Yeah, what she wrote. LOL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •