Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Henna Tips for Newbies

  1. #31
    Yvette's Avatar Extreme Stylist
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Transition Length
    7 Months
    Became Natural
    December 2013
    Hair Type
    Thick
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by neceyluv View Post
    Please don't let me/that stop you! It is truly NOT that bad. Most of the "all day" part is sitting with the henna in your hair - 5 to 6 hours, and sitting for 30 minutes to an hour with your DC in (which you're already doing anyway). Maybe 45 minutes to an hour total application time (mixing and setting up), then time for rinsing, conditioning, twisting, and cleaning up. During and in between all of this, you're still doing other things at the same time, just as you do on wash day.
    I'm chuckling over here thinking, "She must not have little ones or animals around all the time."

  2. #32
    neceyluv's Avatar Magnificent Stylist
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Transition Length
    One year
    Became Natural
    January 2013
    Hair Type
    I dunno...4B and 4B?
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    19,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
    I'm chuckling over here thinking, "She must not have little ones or animals around all the time."
    This is true, I don't! Well, I do, but not the ones that would be in the way.

    And don't forget: Lush will apply the henna for you, if you wanna go that route. I do believe it was Ceece who had hers done that way.
    "Worrying is like praying for what you don't want"
    - when I remember where I saw this, I'll post it!

  3. #33
    Koily K's Avatar Ultimate Stylist
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Transition Length
    16 Months
    Became Natural
    Jan 1 2014
    Hair Type
    ?
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,102
    Don't forget you don't have to let it sit in your hair while you are awake either. I sleep with mine in because my heads tends to feel a little heavy.
    And the first time I did it I put an old sheet down and covered everything in my bathroom...it was not necessary. I do not even do that anymore. As I mentioned earlier in this thread- I believe it depends on how you apply it as well as the consistency of your mix ( I believe some people make theirs way too thin).
    Try it! Try it!
    Koily K
    Length is a plus...Healthy is a MUST!

  4. #34
    neceyluv's Avatar Magnificent Stylist
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Transition Length
    One year
    Became Natural
    January 2013
    Hair Type
    I dunno...4B and 4B?
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    19,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Koily K View Post
    Don't forget you don't have to let it sit in your hair while you are awake either. I sleep with mine in because my heads tends to feel a little heavy.
    And the first time I did it I put an old sheet down and covered everything in my bathroom...it was not necessary. I do not even do that anymore. As I mentioned earlier in this thread- I believe it depends on how you apply it as well as the consistency of your mix ( I believe some people make theirs way too thin).
    Try it! Try it!


    I still use the dropcloth though....LOL!

    Do you leave yours in overnight?
    "Worrying is like praying for what you don't want"
    - when I remember where I saw this, I'll post it!

  5. #35
    Koily K's Avatar Ultimate Stylist
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Transition Length
    16 Months
    Became Natural
    Jan 1 2014
    Hair Type
    ?
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
    I was going to try it until you said this. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by New2Nat View Post
    For REAL, Yvette! Every time I consider it, all I can think of are drop cloths and an ALL DAY process!
    Quote Originally Posted by neceyluv View Post


    I still use the dropcloth though....LOL!

    Do you leave yours in overnight?
    I do sleep with mine in because most of the time I apply it late at night so I'm tired!
    Koily K
    Length is a plus...Healthy is a MUST!

  6. #36
    Junior Stylist
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    17
    Great thread! Very useful!

  7. #37
    Junior Stylist
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    4
    Hi. I tried to dye my hair with Colora henna but there was no visible color change. What product can I use that won't necessarily be pricy but will actually yield the color results I want?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •