Thread: Acv rinse and avj, when needed

Egyptian Aries's Avatar Regular Stylist
    Transition Length
    Still Transitioning
    Hair Type
    3b

Acv rinse and avj, when needed

These two products I have bought but I don't know what they are good for and how often to use them. Can some one explain it to me?

neceyluv's Avatar Magnificent Stylist
    Transition Length
    One year
    Became Natural
    January 2013
    Hair Type
    I dunno...4B and 4B?
    Hey Aries! What's AVJ?

ACV (apple cider vinegar) is used to clarify the hair, or get rid of excess product build-up over and beyond shampoo. Generally it is used once a month, but some curlies use a bit after each shampoo.

I use maybe a quarter cup of ACV (I use Braggs from Whole foods) and 3/4 cup of warm water after shampooing and before deep conditioning. Be sure to keep your eyes closed cos it burns like the ****ens!!! It adds sheen to the hair and, like I said, gets rid of build-up and helps to define the curls.

There is a thread about it somewhere on the forum; try doing a search on the upper right-hand side. Lots of us here use this method!

Senecea's Avatar Ultimate Stylist
    Transition Length
    13 months
    Became Natural
    April 19,2013
    Hair Type
    4A Fine & extra coily
    I spritz my hair with a mix of aloe Vera juice, filtered water, and a little hempseed oil everyday. I also use it when I am setting my hair, when I "bag" my head for an afternoon I will rub my scalp with my oil mix, spritz my hair with the AVJ mix, and cover with a plastic conditioning cap..

Aloe Vera juice is a great natural conditioner, it can help with hair growth and hair retention,it also adds moisture to your hair and scalp.

These are just a few things that it can do!

neceyluv's Avatar Magnificent Stylist
    Transition Length
    One year
    Became Natural
    January 2013
    Hair Type
    I dunno...4B and 4B?
    Aw dang, aloe vera juice!!! I knew that! LOL!!!

Yes, I use that too in my kimmaytube leave-in conditioner. It also helps define the curls too.