Lisa's Avatar Forum Owner
    Transition Length
    18 Months
    Became Natural
    September 2011
    Hair Type
    4A/4B & Cottony

The Max Hydration Method Help Thread

OK ladies, since the Maximum Hydration Method is catching on in the natural hair community, I decided to make a sticky thread here to help people find information and ask questions.

As far as YouTube, these are the ladies (and gent) you should watch...

PinkeCube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGr2F2LIObE
    MsDeeKay2012's MHM Playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...OZ9cNCgKTFHETS
    Protective Princess Demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyKTxhjBv04
    Aaron Harris' Demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCu61TEMhgE

How Do You Know If You've Reached Maximum Hydration?

According to PinkeCube, you know you've reached max hydration when your hair pattern (curls) are visible root to tip on product-free hair like PinkeCube shows here...

MHM Related Websites

Max Hydration Method Explained
    http://maxhydrationmethod.com/the-ma...ailed-regimen/

Max Hydration Approved Product List
    http://maxhydrationmethod.com/2014/0...-product-list/

MsDeeKay's Explanation of MHM
    http://www.msdeekay.com/the-maximum-...ethod-regimen/

My Results...
    http://napturallycurly.com/2014/07/m...ration-method/

I have only done the treatment COMPLETELY for 3 days and saw a noticeable difference in my hair. Since I started doing it, I have been washing my hair every 3-4 days (not doing the treatment every time but using the APPROVED products only) and my curls are poppin' like mad.

For example, today I just did the clarifying (step one) and the final two steps (wash and go). I will post a picture of my hair when it dries.

If my hair was shorter, I would certainly do it more and all the steps, but it's too time consuming with my lifestyle right now. Maybe one day I will.

Share your pictures, questions and results here!

NOTE: Baking soda has been known to have a relaxing effect on some people's hair. So be sure to monitor your hair and be mindful of this as you apply the treatment. After about 7 uses of the baking soda (not applied consecutively, but over the course of 2-3 weeks) I noticed that my hair was not as full because my roots felt texturized.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mhm.png   mhm2.jpg  

prettygirls2's Avatar Extreme Stylist
    Transition Length
    1 year
    Became Natural
    February 18, 2014
    Same here Lisa am doing the method again I had stopped for a few weeks wanted to try some new products, lol and did not like the way my hair was acting so this week will not do all the steps each time I will go back to using all the approved products though and not everyday since I usually just twist my hair up and let it be, thanks for starting this thread so can keep up with those who are currently with this method and for those who might be on the fence, yes you curls are popping! My twist were really doing great, so back I go. I am hoping that the companies who sold the Tresemme the approved one stock back up, question for you are you using something different?

VaNAPsa's Avatar Extreme Stylist
    Transition Length
    12 months 1 week
    Became Natural
    October 27,2013
    Hair Type
    thick, coarse, LoPo
    Thanks Lisa!
    Yeah what products are you using?

PinkeCube's Avatar Regular Stylist
    Transition Length
    3 weeks
    Became Natural
    june, 2006
    Hair Type
    4c&4b w/ a abit 4a @ nape
    Great results, Lisa! Thanks so much for posting this sticky thread, it means a lot to have your support and helping word of this regimen so it can reach more ears. Yes it would be helpful if you could change it to PinkeCube.

Transition Length
    18 Months
    Became Natural
    September 2011
    Hair Type
    4A/4B & Cottony
    Quote Originally Posted by VaNAPsa View Post
    Thanks Lisa!
    Yeah what products are you using?
    I am only using Knot Today and the Curling Custard. I don't use Tresemme anymore. So for every step that calls for conditioner I use diluted Knot Today. When I do the clay treatment I use the Aztec Bentonite powder. I've considered buying the pre-mixed clay even though it's expensive because I get so tired of the messiness and all the mixing. That's the step I hate the most. lol

Quote Originally Posted by pinkeCube View Post
    Great results, Lisa! Thanks so much for posting this sticky thread, it means a lot to have your support and helping word of this regimen so it can reach more ears. Yes it would be helpful if you could change it to PinkeCube.
    All done, you are now PinkeCube.

Transition Length
    18 Months
    Became Natural
    September 2011
    Hair Type
    4A/4B & Cottony
    PG, I did notice that it's hard to find the approved Tresseme condish. I am here in St. Louis and I can't find it here at all so I've just been using Knot Today. I am able to find it in Dallas at CVS. Where do you get yours from?

Transition Length
    12 months 1 week
    Became Natural
    October 27,2013
    Hair Type
    thick, coarse, LoPo
    What is wrong with coconut oil?

Also what do you think about this: (qhemet biologics moringa tea conditioning ghee)
    Aqueous Botanical Infusion of Phyllanthus emblica (Amla) Extract, Bacopa monniera (Brahmi) Extract, Urtica dioica (Nettle Leaf) Extract, Arctium lappa (Burdock Root) Extract,Avena sativa (Oatstraw) Extract,Virgin Organic Coconut (Cocosnucifera) Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Quaternary Conditioner, Moringa (Moringa oleifera) Oil, MSM (Methylsufonylmethane), Phthalate-free Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin (a Paraben-free and Formaldehyde-free preservative).
    Ingredient Attributes: moisture, detangling

Transition Length
    12 months 1 week
    Became Natural
    October 27,2013
    Hair Type
    thick, coarse, LoPo
    Gorgeous hair Lisa!

Transition Length
    18 Months
    Became Natural
    September 2011
    Hair Type
    4A/4B & Cottony
    Thanks Van. I'm honestly not sure about all the science behind it. I just use the recommended products. Maybe PinkeCube can explain more about it. I haven't really deviated from the recommended products.

I would imagine that coconut oil can be drying on certain hair types. And if you use it in the winter it can make your hair hard. I think it depends on the hair type. Just my guess.

prettygirls2's Avatar Extreme Stylist
    Transition Length
    1 year
    Became Natural
    February 18, 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    PG, I did notice that it's hard to find the approved Tresseme condish. I am here in St. Louis and I can't find it here at all so I've just been using Knot Today. I am able to find it in Dallas at CVS. Where do you get yours from?
    I ordered mine from Walgreens website and only 2 bottles, and don't want to run out, I was trying the TJ's One and worried about the protein even with it being so low on the ingredients list, I like the Tresseme though, not sure if I can keep up with the kknt. i will be on the lookout hopefully we will get some more approved ones.