neceyluv's Avatar Magnificent Stylist
    Transition Length
    One year
    Became Natural
    January 2013
    Hair Type
    I dunno...4B and 4B?

Exercise and Natural Hair

Just came across this from Curly Nikki. I see this question alot and thought I'd post it here:

http://www.curlynikki.com/2011/02/ex...ural-hair.html
    "Worrying is like praying for what you don't want"
    - when I remember where I saw this, I'll post it!

Transition Length
    One year
    Became Natural
    January 2013
    Hair Type
    I dunno...4B and 4B?
    I work out at home, so my routine depends on the time of day/day of the week I exercise. Sometimes I'll incorporate exercising into my hair routine by doing a pre-poo or DC while exercising (I figure the heat helps lol). If I'm going somewhere, the twists come down after exercising/showering. If not, say it's an evening during the workweek, I twist my hair up before I exercise. There have been times when I just put on a headband and twisted my hair up afterwards. Thankfully I don't sweat much in my head, so I'm good.

Maicurls's Avatar Ultimate Stylist
    Transition Length
    Roughly a year
    Became Natural
    End of 2010
    Hair Type
    Mixed textures 3C/4A
    I workout at home too (when I workout) and will put my hair in a high loose bun or ponytail and usually use a headband.

Yvette's Avatar Extreme Stylist
    Transition Length
    7 Months
    Became Natural
    December 2013
    Hair Type
    Thick
    Necey, its funny you started this thread today. I don't have a problem with sweating in my hair or anything like that. I wanted to share that I found a program on FIOS last night called Stretch Ballet Bar. It's basically 20 minutes of good stretching (on the floor) but using positions that mimic those on the ballet bar. I really enjoyed it. I have mild back pains and although I really want an intense workout, I have to take baby steps and make sure that back is stretched properly.

Transition Length
    One year
    Became Natural
    January 2013
    Hair Type
    I dunno...4B and 4B?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
    Necey, its funny you started this thread today. I don't have a problem with sweating in my hair or anything like that. I wanted to share that I found a program on FIOS last night called Stretch Ballet Bar. It's basically 20 minutes of good stretching (on the floor) but using positions that mimic those on the ballet bar. I really enjoyed it. I have mild back pains and although I really want an intense workout, I have to take baby steps and make sure that back is stretched properly.
    That's great girl! Yeah, you don't wanna injure yourself so please be safe! Have you always had back pains?

And what's FIOS? lol

Transition Length
    7 Months
    Became Natural
    December 2013
    Hair Type
    Thick
    Quote Originally Posted by neceyluv View Post
    That's great girl! Yeah, you don't wanna injure yourself so please be safe! Have you always had back pains?

And what's FIOS? lol
    No back pains have started creeping up on me. It's been addressed and nothing a little ibuprofen can't cure. Verizon FIOS is my cable subscriber.

Transition Length
    One year
    Became Natural
    January 2013
    Hair Type
    I dunno...4B and 4B?
    No back pains have started creeping up on me. It's been addressed and nothing a little ibuprofen can't cure. Verizon FIOS is my cable subscriber.
    Oh OK! I'm glad of that.

Tria's Avatar Ultimate Stylist
    Transition Length
    3 Months
    Became Natural
    5/2/2013
    Hair Type
    Curly
    Thank you for this, Yvette. I need to look into this and see if this is offered on Comcast or something similar. Because I sit all day at work, my body is kinda jacked up. My massage therapist has been on me about doing yoga or stretching to help with the knots in my back.

Transition Length
    7 Months
    Became Natural
    December 2013
    Hair Type
    Thick
    Quote Originally Posted by Tria View Post
    Thank you for this, Yvette. I need to look into this and see if this is offered on Comcast or something similar. Because I sit all day at work, my body is kinda jacked up. My massage therapist has been on me about doing yoga or stretching to help with the knots in my back.
    Oh yes, I slept like a baby last night! Check it out. I hope you can find something.

twilson's Avatar Extreme Stylist
    Became Natural
    5 years
    Hair Type
    kinky/curly 4b (I think)
    I just leave mine in the twist or pineapple and cover with my scarf