Lisa's Avatar Forum Owner
    Transition Length
    18 Months
    Became Natural
    September 2011
    Hair Type
    4A/4B & Cottony

How to Post a Question/Comment

Before you can post, you must register and then confirm your registration via email. Check your spam/junk folder after registering because your confirmation email may have landed there.

Once you've registered and confirmed, return to the homepage of this forum and click the forum you want to enter (i.e. Natural Hair Discussions). Make sure the sub forum you're in matches the topic of your question.

If you want to start a new conversation, go inside the sub forum that matches your question and click "Post New Thread" under the header and top menu.

If you want to reply to an existing conversation, click the link/title of the discussion and scroll to the bottom to reply or click "Reply to Thread" at the top of the threaded conversation.

Note: This is a spam-free forum -- meaning no self/site promotion or links to your own website in your posts. All self/site promotion will be removed. You are free to link to other sites once you have enough posts.

Also, after enough posts you can add a signature to all your posts and there you may place a link to your website, blog, etc. Please check the Settings area up top to see if you have the "Edit Signature" link.

Finally, if you want to show a picture of your hair in a relevant post, feel free to use the picture icon in the post editing menu to attach a picture to your post.

Junior Stylist
    Hair Type
    indian mixed, curly soft
    hi lisa how can i edit my profile to add my photo,
    i know this should be easy but it wont let me select photos and add?
    thanks for your help
    isa

Lisa's Avatar Forum Owner
    Transition Length
    18 Months
    Became Natural
    September 2011
    Hair Type
    4A/4B & Cottony
    Quote Originally Posted by isab View Post
    hi lisa how can i edit my profile to add my photo,
    i know this should be easy but it wont let me select photos and add?
    thanks for your help
    isa
    Go up to Settings and then on the left side you should see a way to "add an Avatar."

Nessyness12's Avatar Master Stylist
    Transition Length
    I transitioned for 15 months and 22 days
    Became Natural
    February 16, 2014
    It wont let me reply to my own post

neceyluv's Avatar Magnificent Stylist
    Transition Length
    One year
    Became Natural
    January 2013
    Hair Type
    I dunno...4B and 4B?
    Nessy, if it's your own post, you can choose "edit post". It probably won't let you do it any other way.

neceyluv's Avatar Magnificent Stylist
    Transition Length
    One year
    Became Natural
    January 2013
    Hair Type
    I dunno...4B and 4B?
    OK, I just hit "reply" to my own post and it worked for me, Nessy.....

Nessyness12's Avatar Master Stylist
    Transition Length
    I transitioned for 15 months and 22 days
    Became Natural
    February 16, 2014
    Thank you

Junior Stylist
    I'm considering going natural but I'm scared --- I know that sounds crazy because it's just hair but the thought of chopping it all off without a clear plan pushes me in the other direction.

What kind of hair products should I use? How short should I go? How is the natural look maintained? I've had a perm for the last 25 years but my hair is so damaged that I can't hide it anymore.

Please help......

lovinggrace's Avatar Ultimate Stylist
    Transition Length
    13 months
    Became Natural
    October 2012
    Hair Type
    tightly curled kinky
    Welcome to the forum. The start to transition is a rough one.......but it is well worth it. Go to the transitioning start here sticky on the transitioning forum. And the sticky products while transitioning forum also to give you ideas where to start at. It can be frustrating sometimes, but know you are not alone. Have patience and do not compare your hair or journey to anyone else. When in a style funk do YouTube and Lisa has done a picture gallery I believe it is of styles. So you can have ideas. Try not to be a product junkie.......though it is hard. Try to surround yourself with support. Because people will try to discourage you. Make sure to have a routine......how often you wash your hair or deep condition or protein treatment your hair. Get you a notebook and write your hair goal and why you decided to become natural. So when you get frustrated knowing the reason you did will keep you going on the path to natural hair. You will learn by trial and error and don't beat yourself up over things that don't come out right. Enjoy your journey and congratulations on the New relationship that you are embarking on....the journey of knowing your true hair.

Junior Stylist
    Transition Length
    still transitioning
    Became Natural
    for 10 years
    Hair Type
    dont know
    Thank you. I am new to learning about natural hair so any information i receive will be greatly appreciated.