Transition Length
    3 months
    Became Natural
    November 2015
    Hair Type
    4C low porosity

Loving my Hair

Hello,

I started my transitioning back in November of 2015. I tried to transition my hair for three months, but the breakage was horrible where my natural hair and relaxed hair meet and I had no choice but to do a big chop. I learned through Youtube videos and natural forums that I have 4c hair and how to take care of my hair to allow it to grow out. I started with a boy cut and now my hair is neck length when stretched out. At first, I hated my hair because I was always mistaken for a boy, but now I love it more and more each day. My hair is an extension of who I am.

Elite Stylist
    Transition Length
    7 months
    Became Natural
    November 15, 2015
    Hair Type
    Pending
    Great post! Thank you for sharing!

Junior Stylist
    Transition Length
    3 months
    Became Natural
    November 2015
    Hair Type
    4C low porosity
    I forgot to mention, I only relaxed my hair twice a year. I said why not one time and decided to go natural. My daughter has been natural since 2008 tho. At the time, I did not realize going natural was trending due to the Lye giving black women health problems and fribroids. I don't Facebook, Instagram, Tweet, Face time, watch the news, or keep up with the Jones. I work too much and barely have time to sleep. My daughter pointed out there is a natural movement happening and she can finally find products for her hair.