Thread: Need Transitioning Help!!

Junior Stylist

Need Transitioning Help!!

Hi, my name is Alex and I'm new to not only the natural community but to caring for my own hair. I'm not very sure if I am doing it "right". I'm noticing a little change (keep in mind I've only been transitioning for almost 2 months) but I would like to know if I am doing the "right" things or if anyone has any tips. Thanks!!

New2Nat's Avatar Ultimate Stylist
    Transition Length
    BC 5/10/14; last relaxer - Nov 2013
    Hair Type
    4a
    Hi Alex! Welcome to the forum!

Check out the Transitioners Start Here tab at the top of the page. You'll find TONS of information there that will help you on your journey. It's a little overwhelming at first so take your time. Remember, moisture is vital (there's a big difference between moisture and sealing). You'll also want to find out your hair's porosity. That will help you figure out which products work best with your hair. The journey is filled with trial and error -- what works for others may not work for you. But, you'll find your way. Take your time and enjoy the journey. It's well worth it.

Congrats on your decision to be natural!
    Faith without works is DEAD...and so is your hair!

Junior Stylist
    Thank you for your tips! I wish i could show you my hair's growth for the time period I have been going natural to see if everything is going in the right general direction. If I could an email address would be nice. Again thanks