I finally did my first bantu knot out, and I was pleased with the results considering how I struggled with the actual knotting technique.
As you’ll see in the video below, my knots looked more like clumps, but hey… you gotta learn somehow.
A YouTube subbie noticed I was twisting in the opposite direction of the two-strand twists, and probably should have made the knot go in the same direction.
In any event, I was pretty pleased with the results, and I got 5 solid days out of the style. Had I not been playing in my hair, I would have gotten more.
I left the knots in for almost two full days and just wore a cap when I went out. Leaving them in for longer than one night also helped the hairstyle last.
To protect the style at night, I slept in a satin bonnet.
Here’s the video…