Tired of your rod set only lasting a few days? In the video below I’ll show you what I do to make my style last.
Here’s another video where I actually show you how I do my rod sets. I was 8 months into my transition here.
Rod Set Tips
1) Always rod the hair while wet. Your hair will come out much more shiny and smooth.
2) Be generous with the setting lotion because that will help set the curls and also minimize frizz. I prefer to use Bronner Brothers (BB Foam Wrap Lotion) because it has no alcohol, which is drying to the hair.
3) Always make sure your hair is COMPLETELY dry before taking the rods down to keep your hair from frizzing.
4) Sleep in a satin bonnet at night to preserve the curls. You may have to re-rod parts of your hair if it becomes matted from sleeping.
5) Bigger rods will give you a fuller look, but may not last as long. Smaller rods will give you more tighter curls and will last longer.
6) If your rod set starts getting old and flat, jazz it up with a giant headband or scarf. Push it back on your head for a curly puff.